Here are the ramblings of Damian Abrahams. Most of what you read are from the inner realm of his mind, others may be an assignment given to him by a professor, and others still are just his simple opinion that he hopes will help bring understanding to a particular topic. Enjoy.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

100 things about me.


1. I am a father to 2 beautiful girls

2. I am walking my journey with the most beautiful woman in the world

3. I am Haida/Carrier but I only know of my Haida side

4. I am an ex-meth addict

5. I like nectarines

6. I have 2 tattoos, one of the tree of life getting struck my lightning (symbolizes life and courage) and the other is of my baby’s hand print.

7. I like to wear shades

8. Sometimes, when alone, I pretend that I’m a Jedi

9. I love music. All kinds of music, but I don’t like country or opera.

10. I have a scar on my left wrist and one on my right knuckle.

11. I like long walks off short piers.

12. I lost my virginity in a Tipi

13. I was very close to my great grandparents when I was young.

14. I love to travel.

15. I love the Vancouver Canucks

16. I have really intense eyebrows

17. I have big lips.

18. If you google my name, Damian Abrahams, you might mistake me for Damian Abraham, the singer of a band called fuk’d up.

19. I do my best to not step on ants

20. I’ve never met my father.

21. I have a piece of argillite in my forehead

22. I like the Zombie genre

23. I have a 76% chance of surviving the zombie apocalypse

24. I have relied on auto-correct to spell apocalypse. Every single time.

25. My uncle and aunt called me “fruitfly” when I was young because I loved fruit. I still do love fruit!

26. I like Sprite, if it’s fountain it MUST be without ice.

27. I’m a cook at heart, I love to experiment cook!

28. I am an Android enthusiast

29. I’m a Mac, never going back to PC. Ever.

30. I don’t bite my nails. Anymore.

31. I’ve lived in Vancouver, Masset, Port Moody, New Westminster, Mission, Hatzic, Victoria, Maple Ridge, Edmonton, and Belle Ewarte (Ontario).

32. Edmonton is my current home.

33. I’ve had acne problems my whole life.

34. I’ve had problems with dandruff my whole life.

35. I am currently writing a book about my life.

36. I was once homeless in 3 different cities in 2 different provinces.

37. I’ve eaten Ostrich: it tastes like ostrich.

38. I’ve eaten alligator: It, too, tastes like ostrich.

39. I’ve eaten turtle: It tastes like turtle.

40. I’ve eaten eel: It tastes gross.

41. I once tried my hand at long distance hitch hiking.

42. I always try to see the positive in things first.

43. I pick up newpaper boxes that’ve been knocked over.

44. I always let woman go first.

45 I hold doors open for people.

46. I don’t often talk about my awards or my accomplishments for fear that I would be bragging.

47. I don’t like braggarts.

48. I like anomalies, they make life more fun.

49. I am not very good with money, but I’m learning to control it.

50. You are half way there!

51. Despite all the drama in my life, I didn’t do very well in drama class.

52. I have an iPod Touch that keeps me sane.

53. Although I shouldn’t be, I am shy to sing in front of people. But I do it anyway.

54. Although I shouldn’t be, I am shy to dance in front of people. But I do it anyway.

55. I stop and smell the flowers.

56. I love the rain.

57. I love cloudy days.

58. For some odd reason, and this has been throughout my whole life, I’ve been often been the only male in the group.

59.  I am very tall. No, I do not play basketball

60. Despite all my promises to myself and the many tired days, I still stay up late.

61. If I watch an action movie, suddenly I’m a ninja.

62. If I watch a zombie movie, suddenly I’m the sole survivor of the zombie apocalypse. I still needed the auto-correct.

63. I am often complimented on my humor. Yet when I try to be funny, I’m not.

64. I try to make the lives of the people around me easier.
65. I’m a leo.

66. I once wrote an essay called “My House on the Moon” in response to the violence in the home I was living in. It’s about how far I wanted to be when they were fighting.

67. I still have to look at the keyboard when I type. That said, I’m still good at typing.

68. I failed stats 3 times before I passed.

69. I’m going to be the second person in my family that reached a Master’s level of Post Secondary education.

70. I’ll be the first in my family to receive a PhD.

71. I listen to Britney Spears, one song from Justin Beiber, and a few songs from Christina Aguilera.

72. I wear contact lenses.

73. I have dreams of being a DJ.

74. I have a bucket list.

75. I’ve been the recipient of the Alberta Aboriginal Youth Achievement Award

76. I was nominated to the National Aboriginal Role Model Program.

77. I don’t have any of my wisdom teeth.

78. Oddly, having my wisdom teeth removed was the wisest thing I ever did.

79. I have a boisterous laugh when something is very funny.

80. I am rediscovering what it’s like to be a kid.

81. I still find myself worrying about what people think about me.

82. I find it hard to initiate conversation or even make eye contact with people.

83. If I can get away with not saying hi to someone, I will.

84. I have to be extremely mindful of what I say, if not I may tell a lie.

85. Eminem and I have very similar lives, only I’m not nearly as famous as he.

86. when I  go hunting I am very scared to shoot the gun, not because I don’t want to kill something, but because I don’t wanna get “scoped”

87. I’ve been scoped two times. It hurts. A lot.

88. I try to take the best of everything and what makes sense to me, as a belief system.

89. I’m an Anglican, but do not follow that way.

90. Rather than telling someone I care, I try to show them.

91.   I am handsome, smart, and have a good sense of humor (when I don’t try).

92. I pretend to get in fights all the time, especially when it comes to dumb drivers.

93. I’ve participated in 2 consecutive CIBC Run for the Cure’s

94. Of any superpower available, I’d chose walking through things.

95. I was on the LRT that ran over two teenagers and saw some horrific things; riding the train the very next day was just as hard.

96. I am the resident manager of my complex, 6 years ago I was homeless.

97. When I do dishes, I find myself drying my hands only to put them in water right after.

98. I have one eyebrow hair that sticks straight out on my left brow, no matter what I do or how many times I pluck it out, it remains.

99. I am very resourceful and I know how to find information quickly.

100. My greatest asset is my ability to see things for what they are, not what people dilute them to be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a major task you just completed! Interesting, humourous, touching, thoughtful ... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came back and read it again. And again. And I'll be back to read it again, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete